created by Terrence Harrington, who will be a presenter at the June
Conference in Chicago
The Tutor/Mentor Connection (T/MC) was created in 1993, so we're now
entering our 20th year. The first conference was hosted in May 1994.
Following conferences have been held every six months since then. This
has been a grassroots affair made possible by all speakers volunteering
time to share ideas.
The June 7 conference has an exciting roster of workshops. View the
speaker page to see who we expect to present and what they will be
Some of topics to be presented:
Stopping The Violence: The embodiment of core values and keys components
that must be employed and embraced
*Nonprofit Communicators Workshop: Websites
and Newsletters that Work
* Creating Caring and Safe Youth Centered Communities.
* Impacting Academic Achievement by Building Scholastic Long-term
* Building Strong Programs: How to Leverage
Evaluation to Strengthen Program Practices
* Volunteer Recruitment & Screening
* Enhancing the Infrastructure:
Collective Impact through Volunteerism and Mentor Connector
* Peace Summit Panel Discussion with Derrick Grace
* Mentoring Urban Youth
Mentoring Programs in High Crime Areas
* Building Muscle on your Board -
Recruiting, Retention and Evaluation
* Building Support for Tutor/Mentor Programs from Business and
* The Two Year Waits: Today's Crisis in Male Mentoring
Using Social Media to Improve Organizational Capacity
* Turning Foundation/Corporate Funders into
* Tips for Effective Mentoring
Ten tips to be a More Outstanding Leader
View the agenda page
and the online
Attendee List. Registration is now open.
Please spread the word and help build participation. Group rates
and $20 scholarships are available. Just ask.
See photos from the
November 2012 conference and from
Did you notice that the conference photos invite a company and/or
individual to become a lead sponsor, with their name associated with the
conference? Do you know someone who wants to have this role?